CPG eComm Outlook Survey 2022
CPG Manufacturer Survey
CPG manufacturers are striving to improve and expand their e-commerce capabilities. They’re focusing on sales and retailer relationships first, while content and media are a close second. As they forge and follow new paths to growth, their strategic investments are locked on performance and results.
These themes emerged from our survey of 37 CPG manufacturers:
- E-commerce analytics capabilities are underdeveloped or emerging
- There’s a significant need to train or upskill e-commerce talent
- Retailers are increasing their investments in retail media on-site search and display ads in the next year
- Optimizing retail media investments and digital shelf content inform top strategies for driving short-term e-commerce market share
- Almost half are funding retail media through shopper marketing budgets
- More than 40% are testing or piloting direct-to-consumer in the next year
This is just scratching the surface – to get the full report, drop us a line!